SHR Talent is representing a growing, mission-driven physician services company that is currently hiring a Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst to assist the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Business Development teams at their Corporate headquarters located in Downtown Nashville, TN.
The Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst will be assisting the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Business Development teams in performing financial and operational analysis of new business opportunities including acquisitions, internal expansion, joint ventures and start-up opportunities. This position will provide strategic support to senior management including preparing financial presentations, forecast and other projects requested by senior management. This position provides analysis and insights to optimize business decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation and maintenance of key spreadsheets used in preparation of projected financial statements.
- Analyze trends and key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Prepare and analyze pro-forma and historical financial statements, including presentations to senior management.
- Assist in the due diligence process and perform Excel-based financial and operational analysis for acquisitions.
- Create concise discussion packages to be presented to target management during the onsite diligence.
- Participate in the preparation of financial offers based upon financial models.
- Support all functions (i.e. finance, legal, managed care, tax, risk management, and operations) to review due diligence materials and examine "deal breakers", issues and resolutions, and integration challenges.
- Assist in preparation of documents related to proposed transactions, including general correspondence, Term Sheets, Due Diligence Information Request memoranda, purchase agreements, employment agreements and ancillary agreements.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA preferred and/or MBA preferred.
- Two (2) plus years prior financial analysis experience in multi-site environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel is a must.
- Experience in buy-side or sell-side pre-acquisition financial diligence preferred.
- Experience in financial modeling and mergers and acquisitions for multi-site organizations preferred.
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge required.
- Prior healthcare audit and or investment banking preferred.
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Power Point, Access and ERP experience (i.e. Netsuite, Quickbooks, etc.) skills are desirable. ?
Travel: This position requires the ability to travel estimated to be 10 – 20 %, including overnight travel, when requested and necessary to meet business requirements or attend meetings.
Competitive BENEFITS offered to all full-time associates, including:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Hospital Indemnity, Associate Assistance Program)
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long/Short-Term Disability
- Associate Discounts (Costco, Sam’s, BJ’s, Amazon Prime)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + Company Match
- Professional Development Opportunities (Tuition Reimbursement, RN.com)
- Paid Vacation & Holidays