SHR Talent is currently partnering with a client in Nashville in its search for a Director of Growth & Performance Marketing. This is a full-time position. This role is temporarily remote due to Covid and will eventually require working onsite a couple of days a week once it is safe to do so. Applicants *must* be willing to work onsite in the office eventually. The Director of Growth & Performance Marketing will lead the company’s SEM, Paid Social, Affiliate, Re-marketing, and Programmatic marketing channels. The individual in this role will oversee the DTC performance marketing team, driving strategy and execution across the company’s media channels. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of growth marketing and acquisition KPIs, a highly analytical and technical skillset, and thrives in a fast-moving, rapidly evolving organization. The one is this role will leverage his/her knowledge and experience across performance marketing channels to drive scale and optimize performance to achieve overall growth goals.
- Grow and improve performance across media channels, with focus on scaling new customer acquisition while achieving efficiency targets and customer quality based on LTV.
- Work closely with data and analytics to understand customer journey from awareness to conversion and leverage insights to unlock new growth and conversion opportunities.
- Build and execute a data-driven testing roadmap across messaging, creative, audience, frequency and channel mix .
- Partner with Brand and Publishing teams to develop campaigns to support enterprise and seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Test into new channels (Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok etc) and new funnel and content marketing strategies
- Set strategy for driving highest ROI marketing investments, balancing short- and long-term goals. Manage and refine complex acquisition modeling and multi-touch attribution modeling
- Lead budgeting and monthly forecasts ensuring that the Performance marketing team is aware of each month’s forecast, strategies, and guardrails to ensure successful execution against the brand priorities and budget.
- Own regular communication of performance marketing performance against goals, bringing clear analysis and insights from the data. Communicate performance to senior leadership on a weekly/monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement.
- Oversee team management (internal, agencies, contractors). Responsible for setting budgets within accounts, defining objectives, monitoring workflow, identifying and filling resource gaps and implementing and refining processes as needed.
- Collaborate with Product Management, IT and engineering teams to drive initiatives for impacting organic visibility of focused category keywords, site architecture, and taxonomy and content.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of complex marketing experience
- 3+ years people management experience required.
- 5-7 years of experience in growth marketing, especially in paid search or paid social, with hands-on experience running campaigns in Facebook and/or Google.
- Proven track record successfully managing a multi-million-dollar acquisition budget and taking an eCommerce business through an intensive growth period. Experience with subscription business a plus.
- Experience in using content marketing to sell physical product; experience with marketing eCourses a plus.
- Experience requesting creative and copy and creating a productive feedback loop with designers and copywriters.
- Experience with multi-touch attribution and media mix models.
- Experience managing a high-performance team plus agencies.
- Experience driving growth across the customer lifecycle.
- Previous experience working for a brand highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Comprehensive expertise in Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and affiliate & customer referral marketing Advanced knowledge of analytics platforms, especially Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with A/B testing and experiment design.
- Understanding of performance strategies across all parts of the funnel, and a deep understanding of funnel creation and optimization.
- Up to date on industry trends and technology, with a strong eye towards how to adjust to changes in tools and industry.
- Growth hacking mindset: must be highly quantitative, analytical, and a technical self-starter, including the ability to process and understand large data sets.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excel in strategic prioritization and decision making; effectively balance long term business goals with short term needs.
- Understanding of best practices in design, copy, and creative for effective campaigns, with the ability to guide and give feedback to designers and copywriters to get to ideal outcomes.
- Desire to be hands on, get in the weeds, do the work when needed.
- Ability to set goals and strategy and coach a team to achieve goals.
- Team-player. Ability to work well cross-functionally to both learn and execute.
- Possess consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and not lose track of the details.