SHR Talent is currently representing a growing physician services company hiring an experienced Director of Finance to manage the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at their Corporate headquarters located in Downtown Nashville, TN.
The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will be responsible for managing the budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and complex business modeling activities. This position will provide strategic support to the senior management team including preparing financial presentations, forecasts, and other projects as requested. The position provides analysis and insights into to optimize business decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a subject matter expert for financial and analytical intelligence for stakeholders including senior management, Board of Directors, and bank and investment firm partners.
- Acts as a financial modeling expert for the organization. Develops complex models in support of business as requested.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed.
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications, eliminating duplications, and coordinating information requirements.
- Manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting and Modeling tools.
- Utilize Business Intelligence Tools to create and maintain Dashboards and operations reports.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Support the Senior Management Team and field leadership with in-depth analysis.
- Manage and assist FP&A analysts as required to deliver monthly and quarterly financial results as well as daily responsibilities.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Provides analysis and problem solving; develops creative solutions that meets the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Prepares external reporting and presentations to the Board, Investors and Lenders. Participates in monthly and quarterly earnings calls.
- Account for and track the Company’s acquisition activities and performance to plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a corporate finance environment, with at least 3 years in FP&A.
- Prior experience partnering with business units in executing strategic plans and financial activities of a high revenue growth business.
- Experience in financial modeling and budgeting for multi-site environment in disperse geographic areas.
- Experience building financial statements and budget models.
- Healthcare finance experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, including task delegation, project oversight and resource allocation.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel is a must. Power Point, BI tools and ERP experience skills (i.e. NetSuite, Adaptive Insights, etc.) are desirable.
- Strong GAAP, financial reporting and banking knowledge required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken word.
- Communication, written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Conflict Resolution – Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the needs of our Partners while following company procedures.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Self-Motivated – Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Computer Skills – Proficient with a computer and good knowledge and understanding of MS office programs, and email. Experience working with NetSuite and Adaptive Insights helpful.
- Office Equipment – Proficient with general office equipment.
- Superior Microsoft Excel and financial modeling skills.
- Strong PowerPoint skills are a plus.
- Ability to interpret complex financial information in easy to understand business terms
This position manages associates in the department and participates in the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Travel: This position requires up to 25% travel.
Benefits: This company is the employer of choice for individuals who wish to pursue their passion of making healthcare better. They offer competitive benefits to all full-time associates, including:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Hospital Indemnity, Associate Assistance Program)
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long/Short-Term Disability
- Associate Discounts (Costco, Sam’s, BJ’s, Amazon Prime)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + Company Match
- Professional Development Opportunities (Tuition Reimbursement, RN.com)
- Paid Vacation & Holidays