SHR Talent is currently partnering with a client in Nashville in its search for a Director of CRM & Lifecycle Marketing. This is a full-time position. This role is temporarily remote due to Covid and will eventually require working onsite a couple of days a week once it is safe to do so. Applicants *must* be willing to work onsite in the office eventually. Starting with a customer’s first purchase online or signup for email or other owned channels, the Director of CRM & Lifecycle Marketing will manage the customer journey, building the client’s relationship with its consumers via owned channels such as email, SMS and loyalty programs. Working with the company’s DTC Brand and Product Management teams, the Director will further develop and segment communications strategy, ensuring that each customer gets the right type and frequency of communication.
The individual in this role will drive the vision and strategy for CRM efforts to engage customers and deliver business growth through outcomes in higher repurchase rate and increased LTV. The Director of CRM & Lifecycle Marketing will develop and work with team to execute lifecycle retention programs, including segmentation strategy, transactional messaging, triggered programs, and large-scale campaigns through email and SMS marketing.
- Own retention marketing strategy, including direct accountability for email and SMS channel performance. Core KPIs include email and SMS engagement rates, revenue, subscription opt-in and churn, customer repeat purchase rates and LTV.
- Own strategy and execution of promotional email and SMS, partnering with Brand and Publishing teams to align on campaign calendars and providing thought leadership and executional excellence to deliver optimal results.
- Articulate and execute email strategy, driving improvements in audience segmentation, content, calendaring and purchase frequency.
- Lead email A/B testing. Communicate test results to stakeholders and continuously iterate.
- Map out and optimize lifecycle email strategy, including welcome series, win-backs, up-sells and other automated email flows based on RFM and other segmenting strategies. Continuously test and optimize to increase engagement and revenue from these flows.
- Grow and manage the email and SMS database. Develop and optimize tactics for capturing emails/phone numbers, e.g. via website pop-ups.
- Monitor email deliverability and respond to situations that impact IP reputation, domain reputation, or both. Monitor list health and data hygiene. Work collaboratively with Tech resources to ensure email program is running smoothly and lead future improvement projects.
- Develop and launch direct-to-consumer loyalty program in partnership with Product Management team.
- Report on performance of email and SMS, as well as plans for strategy and tactical improvements.
- Manage 2-3 direct reports, providing day-to-day guidance and support for continuing professional development.
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years direct experience in CRM marketing (managing a team of CRM marketers or leading others required.)
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in lifecycle marketing, including email and retention marketing and loyalty preferred.
- Experience in developing customer segmentation strategies, including RFM segmentation.
- Extensive experience in A/B testing and using data to inform marketing decisions.
- Experience working directly in ESPs; SailThru experience a plus.
- Experience working in Shopify a plus.
- Experience in working with copywriters and creative team members and creating an effective feedback loop.
- Experience navigating legal compliance with CAN-SPAM and CASL, and similar regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Strong understanding of customer segmentation and email marketing best practices.
- Understand direct-to-consumer eCommerce, retention marketing trends, and Email/CRM technologies
- Email and SMS marketing regulations (e.g. CAN-SPAM)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver, with a strong attention to detail
- Agile mindset, with the ability to pivot calendars, strategies and plans to ensure relevance and resonance.
- Ability to translate strategy into brand-specific tactics and communication points.
- An eye for strong creative and storytelling, and experience partnering with Creative teams and freelancers on both direct response and brand marketing assets and communication.