SHR Talent is partnering with a subsidiary of one of the nation’s leading healthcare companies in its search for a Digital Content Specialist! This is a contract opportunity with the potential to go full-time. The Digital Content Specialist will work collaboratively across company departments and business units to develop, repurpose, inventory and enhance content across the company’s 1,000+ consumer-facing facility and clinic websites. The Digital Content Specialist’s work will help support the company’s strategy to nurture engagement with patients through its facility and clinic websites and digital patient portal. This role will also be important in how the company helps consumers and patients discover and access services and other clinical capabilities with the goal of helping them engage with company to manage their healthcare. Digital content includes, but is not limited to, information specific to medical conditions and/or treatment, health and wellness-related material, marketing/sales copy, video and graphics/visuals.
- Write, ghostwrite, edit or repurpose copy for company facility and clinic websites
- Proactively translate content intended for clinical audiences for publication and/or presentation to consumer/patient audiences, ensuring timely delivery in line with company marketing strategies and standards
- Assist in deploying an enterprise digital content strategy that supports website and content consolidation, improves overall SEO health and authority and furthers company’s commitment to delivering patient-centered experiences online
- Partner with SEO specialists to incorporate targeted keywords to improve user engagement, search engine ranking and content authority
Qualifications and skills
- Excellent writing skills and editorial ability
- Can distill complex clinical ideas into easy-to-understand language
- Has a journalistic eye, can figure out what makes the heart of a story
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-2 or more years of experience in a content marketing or journalism role; healthcare content experience is a plus, but not required
- Prior experience/documented ability to translate health content into consumer-friendly information
- Demonstrates sound judgment and strong critical thinking abilities
- Uses a systematic approach to solve problems, and bases decisions on comprehensive analysis and outcomes evaluation
- Ability to ensure that content is congruent with the company’s strategic goals and its promise to improve the patient experience and connect with patients in a language they understand
- Maintains exemplary professional interpersonal communication skills, is highly motivated, collaborates well with teams, and demonstrates good customer relationship skills
- Experience with digital marketing, online content strategy creation and management
- Foundational knowledge of SEO tactics related to content optimization
- Communicates daily with internal and external teams and stakeholders regarding project tasks.
Projects and Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Review services content across multiple hospital websites and develop a single in-depth cardiology page for one website. This may entail:
- Combining and consolidating key elements from multiple cardiology pages into one robust content page.
- Expanding content on thin existing hospital services pages where necessary
- Validating existing copy with hospital representatives/stakeholders and external research for clinical accuracy
- Using an editor’s eye to remove unnecessary, underperforming or duplicative content
- Rewrite/rephrase highly clinical content to ensure grade-level understanding
- Edit copy from peer content writers to ensure standardization, consistency in tone of voice and accuracy
- Incorporate content, structure, consolidation and keyword optimization recommendations from SEO specialists
- Candidates with 1-3 years of content marketing or journalism experience, preferably experienced in writing for the web
- Candidates who are primarily experienced in social media content would not be an ideal fit. Candidates must be comfortable with producing in-depth, long-form content that is easy for the average reader to understand.
Key Technical Skills:
- The candidate must be able to turn around high-quality, clean copy (meaning minimal-to-no edits required) and meet deadlines as assigned by the project manager.
- Writers should be expected to keep pace with deadlines and on average, be capable of producing 3-4 webpages per day (~400 - 1,000 words).
Key Soft Skills
- Humble, but hungry spirit – positive team player willing to collaborate with content team, learn and grow with the role and gracefully accept feedback/edits from peer editors and supervisors
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail
- Respectful, professional and compassionate demeanor
- Dedicated and self-motivated work ethic; understands their role in connection to the bigger picture
- This project can be mundane and repetitive for someone who thrives on variety. It is important that candidates understand they will be writing similar content every day for different types of medical specialties and services, but ultimately, the goal is to help connect patients to the type of care they need and use our digital content to help them feel comfortable making a decision about their care.