SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established company in its search for a fulltime Cost Accountant! The Cost Accountant is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all entries impacting Inventory and Cost of Sales, and the processes driving these entries. In addition, the Manager of Cost Accounting actively supports the analytic needs of the Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Accounting organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages inventory accounting and related entries including receipts, inventory warehouse movements, inventory adjustments, shipments, calculation and analysis of inventory variances
- Ensures that standard costs assumptions are consistent with business plan/reforecast cost of sales assumptions
- Manages reserves for off grade, slow moving and other required entries for associated with inventory valuation or impairment.
- Ensures cost accounting entries are complete and correct within the close schedule.
- Reviews and approves month end inventory related reconciliations and controls.
- Prepares Profit in Inventory elimination entry for consolidations.
- Provides cost of sales and inventory analysis and commentary
- Participates in Supply Chain and Manufacturing operational planning meetings in order to understand pending changes and to ensure accounting financial impacts are considered and incorporated into the planning.
- Administers the annual accounting physical inventory count, coordinating with manufacturing and purchasing and external auditors.
- Participates in the change management around related changes to operational processes and systems
- Provides ad hoc costing analysis to Manufacturing and Purchasing organizations.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing and supply chain materials management principles and practices
- Minimum of 5 years of finance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Requires bachelor’s degree in business or a related discipline
- High level of proficiency with integrated ERP systems.
- Knowledge of printing/graphic industry highly desirable.
- Strong desktop computing skills
- Hands on and detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job may require sitting for extended periods of time for the input of computer data. Work is performed indoors in an office setting. There are no environmental or safety hazards.