SHR Talent is currently representing a global music and lifestyle-related company in its search for a full-time Corporate Controller to own and evolve the company’s accounting, controls, financial statements, and related processes. The Controller will drive continual improvement of the company’s accounting team, processes and controls, including enhancement of tools and systems.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with robust accounting management & controller experience, who possesses exceptional organization and problem-solving skills. The Corporate Controller will be a hands-on and results-oriented individual who has deep experience successfully building and/or transforming financial teams, processes, and reporting capabilities in a global organization.
Primary responsibilities include establishing scalable internal controls, monthly preparation and consolidation of the US GAAP financial statements, inventory valuation and management, cost of goods sold and gross margin management and reporting, financial statements, and annual audit management. Focus areas include process improvements for efficiency and scalability, reinforcing internal controls and regional coordination.
Essential Job Duties:
- Own the monthly, quarterly and annual financial consolidation and reporting to internal management, Shareholders and Lenders with a focus on driving improvements (quality, efficiency & timeliness) to enable optimal business governance
- Year-end financial statement preparation
- Day to day oversight of the Corporate Accounting, Credit and Accounts Payable functions within the US business and preparation of all related financial transactions and reports.
- Champion a strong internal controls environment to ensure accurate financial reporting and proper safeguarding of company assets
- Consolidation of the monthly financial results of company’s international subsidiaries
- Strong leadership skills and experience leading change management and integration activities
- Responsible for accuracy of balance sheet and reviewing monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and other documentation to ensure compliance with internal controls
- Ensure accurate valuation of inventory, capitalization of variances and provide global visibility on standards margins/cost of goods sold
- Leads work relating to both internal and external financial audits
- Assure compliance with all accounting standards in accordance with U.S. GAAP, maintaining records, policies, and practices that are compliant with federal, state and local government laws and regulations
- Stay ahead of future regulatory developments, oversee research of technical accounting issues and develop policies and procedures for new accounting standards.
- Provide technical accounting guidance to the regional accounting teams and business leaders for complex topics including purchase accounting/business combinations, stock based compensation, revenue recognition, etc.
- Assist with various areas of budget and forecast development, including balance sheet, cash flows, and other areas.
- Be recognized and established functional expert on Group controllership activities and US GAAP accounting requirements.
- 10+ years of accounting and accounting management in corporate accounting-type roles within a multinational company multicurrency organization
- Unquestionable ethics that drive leadership and behavior
- Experience implementing and improving internal controls
- Expert knowledge of ERP systems preferably in a manufacturing environment, financial reporting and consolidation systems and expert-level Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in a Private Equity company is preferred
- Cost accounting experience in a standard cost environment
- Prior experience in a multi-national business working with foreign currencies and all related financial transactions of the business.
- An excellent leader and manager of people with the ability to attract, develop and retain “A” level talent and build a world class team.
- Expert US GAAP knowledge, technical accounting research and analysis skills
- CPA required
- Previous experience in role requiring high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Experience at a Big Four accounting firm and/or in internal audit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
Benefits Package Includes:
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Relocation Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay