SHR Talent is currently representing a subsidiary of one of the nation’s leading healthcare companies in its search for a Corporate Accountant I. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity working in the company’s Nashville, TN corporate office. This position reports to the Corporate Accounting Supervisor. The primary role of the Corporate Accountant I is to provide centralized intercompany accounting and support services for the company’s enterprise-wide host and Lawson ledgers. This position will also assist in the execution of processes and controls including month end close, financial ad hoc reporting and analysis, system administration and other tasks, as assigned. A successful candidate will demonstrate strong experience-based analytical and communication skills.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (in PRIORITY order)
- Analyze and process intercompany billings received through the Corporate Accounting department to ensure that transactions are posted appropriately and intercompany accounts eliminate.
- Monthly closing responsibilities including independent preparation of various journal entries, intercompany allocations, and performance of account reconciliations as required by key SOX controls.
- Prepares and analyzes data from multiple sources and compiles into meaningful reports for field personnel.
- Work closely with the Treasury Department (and various other Corporate Departments), including troubleshooting of wire coding and maintaining daily wire transfer support.
- Respond to enterprise-wide customer requests, research unusual and significant activity, perform system queries, and produce standard and custom reports.
- Operate within two GL systems, providing GL support for all 4,000+ field ledgers.
- 1+ years experience
- BS degree preferred
- College graduated preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to navigate company’s financial and analytical reporting systems is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service skill and energetic/positive attitude
- Highly organized