SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Buyer/Planner on behalf of a supply chain in Bozeman, Montana! The Buyer/Planner is responsible for accurate, and complete planning and purchase of raw materials, components, and production supplies, for all purchasing/release functions related to the capacity planning, ordering, expediting and procurement of raw materials and production supplies as assigned. The individual in this role will assist in source selection, order placement, order tracking and follow up to the point of use as required, along with supporting category strategy execution, PPV activities and new project launches. The Buyer/Planner follows up on all supplier’s issues (quality, on time delivery, in quantity delivery and price) and focuses on creating a flow of materials to meet manufacturing needs, which keeps costs and inventory within the annual budget. This role will also work closely with, but not limited to, production, quality, engineering, supply chain and product development departments.
- Ensuring raw materials, components and production supplies are ordered accurately and are delivered on-time to support production schedules.
- Perform Root Cause Counter Measure when shortages occur.
- Maintain a solid relationship with all suppliers and ensure strong 2-way communication is present.
- Precise and interactive communication to Supply Chain, Production leads, supervisors, and accounting to ensure resolution on process/cost issues.
- Support physical and spot check inventory processes. Manage VMI and consignment programs.
- Keep accurate and complete records of the chain of custody documentation of all purchases.
- Provides support and input to Category Manager’s/procurement in pricing, supplier selection and contract compliance. Issues request for proposals (FRP) and request for quote (RFQ)
- Assures PO/contract/price compliance and insurance adequacy is maintained when necessary to ensure a constant flow of production parts to manufacturing.
- Controlling Inventory costs to ensure profitability targets are achieved.
- Monitor the receipt of Inventory, insuring proper invoices and/or credits are presented to Accounts Payable department.
- Liaison between internal and external customers, freight carriers, and shipping department.
- Monitors and evaluates supplier performance. Uphold internal and external policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with and manage confidential information. Results oriented, taking ownership of goals and objectives.
- Must be a self-started with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to adapt to complex procurement issues where an in-depth evaluation or analysis of statistical, commercial, or technical data is required; capable of performing negotiations with suppliers, and performing financial, technical, commercial and performance supplier evaluations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills for short-term/long-term planning and follow-up.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Mgmt.
- 6+ years purchasing and materials planning experience.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Excel expert.
- Demonstrated team leadership, cross team collaboration, project management and problem solving.
- Knowledge of inventory controls: point of use supplies, single piece flow, supermarkets, reorder points, etc.
- Enjoys analysis/statistics, a Problem Solver. Clear and logical thinker.
- Ability to handle pressure well and calmly lead others through complex issues across physical and systemic platforms. Should be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to clearly communicate requirements and measure results.
- Must have Player-Coach capability while maintaining a high degree of ownership in the team.
- Must be a willing student to then transfer new knowledge learned.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Relish working in a company with a diverse, challenging, and fast paced environment.