SHR Talent is partnering with a subsidiary of one of the nation’s leading healthcare companies in its search for a Brand Content Specialist to join the Nashville office’s Content Team within Digital Operations! This is a 10-month contract opportunity. This is a fully remote position with the requirement that applicants must currently live in the Nashville area. The Brand Content Specialist will work collaboratively across company healthcare departments to proofread, write, edit and repurpose copy for external and internal audiences in alignment with new company brand standards. The Brand Content Specialist’s work will play a significant role in bringing a consistent, well-defined voice to existing and new materials based on an inventory and needs assessment in selected markets/regions that will be consolidated under one unified brand. Content includes, but is not limited to, fact sheets, brochures and booklets, website copy, social media copy, designed templates and more.
- Proofread, write, edit or repurpose copy for multichannel use (print, websites, social media, apps, email marketing)
- Proofread a variety of materials for consistency, adherence to style guide and factual accuracy
- Develop new messaging as needed to align with overall plans for 2021 company brand consolidation and launch
- Assist in deploying the new company brand look, feel, tone and messaging
- Adhere to a strict schedule to move assets through the revision/editing process
- Assist in content strategy and development in other areas of need (e.g. support service line and other marketing campaigns executed by the Digital Operations group)
Qualifications and Skills
- Background and prior experience with a healthcare-related field is preferred; familiarity with clinically focused content, writing/editing using medical terminology, medical conditions and service lines
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus 3 or more years’ experience in communications, content strategy or related field
- Proficient in AP style
- Strong proofreading eye with precise attention to detail. Ability to proofread the same material multiple times with ‘fresh eyes.’
- Experience working from a brand style guide; ability to adapt tone and voice to adjust to various audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills; can translate complex clinical information into accessibly, consumer-friendly language.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to track multiple versions of the same material and similar materials throughout consolidation process.
- Understanding of how communications and branding tactics work together to contribute to a broader strategy
- Understanding of how copy and design work together to convey information
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of roles, including but not limited graphic designers (design experience not required)
- Must be self-motivated; deadline-oriented
- Prior corporate or brand marketing strategy and execution experience preferred