SHR Talent is partnering with a law firm in Nashville in its search for a full-time Billing Specialist!
Specific activities which a Billing Specialist must be able to perform to satisfy the requirements of the job include, but as not limited to:
- Must be computer literate – it is an advantage if the candidate has a working knowledge of billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, check writing and report writing packages; it is also an advantage if the candidate has a working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Aderant and other software packages commonly used in law firms.
- Must be able to file documents, organize and retrieve files; some physical lifting and carrying of files weighing up to thirty-five (35) pounds is required on a regular basis.
- Must present a neat and professional image and be able to maintain an orderly working environment.
- Must have adequate verbal, email and telephone communication skills. Communication with the attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants is a routine and necessary part of the daily activities of a Billing Specialist.
- Must be able to utilize (or be easily trained to use) the office equipment necessary to perform the functions of the job (ex. copiers/collating, computers, etc.).
- Must be sufficiently mobile to assist in the process of distributing billing books, reports, and other data processing output to attorneys and legal assistants, in locations throughout the firm.
- Must possess the ability to revise descriptive entries on invoices using proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. as well as having the analytical skills necessary to research bill and payment problems.
- Must be able to work with a personal computer for a seven and half (7.5) hour shift, five (5) days each week; the Billing Specialist is given one fifteen (15 minute break in the morning and afternoon and a one (1) hour lunch break, but the remainder of the day is typically spent entering or manipulating data on a computer screen.
- Must be able to work closely and interact with all attorneys, staff members and client representatives.
The Billing Specialist will meet the following qualifications:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, but a four year college degree is preferable.
- 3 to 5 years accounting experience is required, preferable in a professional services environment.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Should be proficient in Excel, Word, Aderant and 10-key.
- Must be dependable, detail-oriented and work with little or no supervision.
- Must have positive professional references and letters of recommendation from professionals who can attest to the technical ability.