SHR Talent is currently representing a global music and lifestyle-oriented company in its search for a full-time BI Developer! This position is hiring immediately!
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Business Intelligence Developer will create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. Ultimately the BI Developer will enhance our business intelligence and reporting systems to assist us in making better decisions. All reporting inside our current toolsets will be created, managed, and maintained by this role.
The Business Intelligence Developer strives to drive continuous improvement through extensive understanding of the company's business processes and data. This role collaborates with functional business process owners to identify, design, develop, implement data modelling that will support strategic business initiatives, streamline process and maximize customer satisfaction.
The Business Intelligence Developer is a hands-on and experienced professional who enjoys rolling up his or her sleeves and working with the team(s) to create and implement reporting capabilities, achieve objectives, eliminate risks and increase user and/or customer satisfaction. A business acumen and problem-solving aptitude demonstrated ability to influence people and successful experiences working in a fast-paced, high-growth, multi-functional, matrixed, and international team are required.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Intelligence Developer will:
- Design, develop and maintain business intelligence solutions
- Craft and execute queries upon request for data
- Present information through reports and visualization
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Information Systems and apply this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices
- Run and complete projects on time and within budgets
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- User Support Administration
- Document reporting requirements within user disciplines
- Develop and deliver training for new systems
- Represent IT Dept as a frontline representative for opportunities and issues within the business landscape
While the IT Business Intelligence Developer must be technically proficient in executing the responsibilities noted above, tasks of equal value are required in this role:
- Demonstrate Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Partner with functional process owners to evaluate business needs and requirements, identify functional and operational gaps and prioritize improvement opportunities.
- Provide support for the implementation of existing enterprise system platforms to new business units or locations
- Coordinate and actively participate in the testing efforts with end users utilizing the test scenarios and scripts that have been developed
- Responsible for the quality and safety of own work and compliance with all company policies and procedures
Required Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will be well versed in the appropriate field of expertise. They should have an equal level of business experience coupled with systems knowledge and IT acumen. The successful candidate’s qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study and 5 years work experience
- PowerBI and Microsoft Dynamics experience
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a fast paced, very high-growth environment
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation, with a track record for delivering to plan
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances; able to proactively question and challenge to prioritize and identify solutions in timely manner
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things
- Relish working in a company with a diverse and fast paced environment
- Personable, fun, team oriented