SHR Talent is seeking a full-time, fully remote Back-End Engineering Manager on behalf of a tech company in Chattanooga, TN.
- Accomplishes team objectives by managing staff, planning and evaluating department activities.
- Coach and develop the back-end engineering team. Mentor team members and work toward a team environment where all members of the team are valued.
- Design and develop highly performant systems.
- Work alongside other engineering teams consuming back-end APIs.
- Bring to the team in equal parts: artistic vision, strategic design, and solid execution.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years relative experience, with 2+ years management/team lead experience
- Background as a Back-End Engineer or DevOps Engineer (ideally Go, Docker, AWS, Terraform, CI/CD)
- Must possess sharp business judgement, a keen eye for process discipline, and strong attention to detail
- Experience building projects using Serverless technologies
- Experience with single-table DynamoDB designs