SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Art Director on behalf of a well-established client in Nashville. This role is temporarily remote due to Covid and will eventually require working onsite a couple of days a week once it is safe to do so. Applicants must be willing to work in the office eventually.
**Applicants must have book cover design experience. Online portfolio required for consideration.**
- Conceive, produce, design and or art direct mechanicals for book/Bible covers.
- Manages design process via regular group meetings with editorial and production staffs.
- Prepares appropriate contracts for each project that uses a vendor or independent contractor.
- Prepares appropriate defense and rationale for designs presented.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all communication relative to development of cover design including, comp distribution/approval, production, and strategic planning with associated publishers.
- Review design portfolios and match freelance designer skills to cover projects.
- Bring creative and innovative product ideas to Publisher, Sales, and Marketing.
- Assist Creative Director to conceive, design, and produce mechanicals for covers, jackets, and packaging.
- Take a project through to completion involving mechanical preparation, overseeing of final file production, proofing, and coordination of printing with Production Department.
- Upload final images to our internal system for the feed to external vendors.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel are highly desirable.
- Must have experience designing book covers
- 5+ years of relevant design experience is preferred with 3+ years of additional experience art directing others being a plus.
- Current or previous experience as a freelance designer in the book industry is also a plus.
- Degree in Graphic Design or related field required.
- Current knowledge of the printing process is required.
- Advanced design skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to set priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Skilled in understanding a creative vision/direction and communicating that vision to others.
- Although not required, bilingual English/Spanish candidates are a plus.