SHR Talent is partnering with a client in Lawrenceburg, TN in its search for a full-time AP/Payroll Specialist to perform technical and administrative duties relating to purchasing and payroll personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- At customer service area receives payments from customers for property tax, business licenses, building permits, beer and liquor licenses, landfill deposits, police fines and fees, and any other miscellaneous items. Issue business licenses, transit business licenses, and beer and liquor licenses.
- Daily Backup for receptionist at front.
- Prepare and issue receipts for monies received. Deposit and record monies received in appropriate accounts.
- Perform general office clerical and receptionist work, such as answering telephone, greeting customers and directing to appropriate areas and personnel.
- Receive customer complaints and resolve or refer to appropriate department/personnel for settlement.
- Prepare all bank deposits daily for all monies collected and receipted from all departments throughout the City.
- Prepare and verify all payroll information. Enter payroll information and process employee payroll checks. Maintain all employee payroll records on the system including entering all new employees and making all changes to existing employees.
- Enter all garnishments for child support, bankruptcy, and any other indebtedness of any employee.
- Submit taxes electronically following each payroll including Social Security, Medicare, and FIT.
- Reconcile quarterly payroll reports and file quarterly payroll reports with the IRS and State of Tennessee. Process annually W-2 forms to each employee and file appropriate year-end reports to the IRS and Social Security Administration.
- Compose, type and edit a variety of correspondence, reports, memorandums, spreadsheets, and other materials relating to the payroll and tax functions.
- Enter new vendors and maintain existing vendors on the system. Complete credit applications to vendors as requested by vendor or Department Manager. Prepare tax exempt certificates and provide to vendor as requested by the vendor or Department Manager.
- Request W-9 forms from vendors for 1099 information. Prepare yearly 1099 forms for qualifying vendors. File annual 1099 and 1096 reports to the IRS.
- Assist in the preparation, advertisement, and acceptance of sealed bids at bid openings. Complete bid tabulation.
- Enter, code and breakdown all utility invoices for each department. Provide copies of all billing to each Department Manager. Enter, code and breakdown all cell phone invoices for every department. Provide copies of all billing to each Department Manager.
- Send monthly sales tax collection numbers from the State of Tennessee to Council members.
- Provide auditors with any requested information on daily bank deposits in all accounts. Provide auditors with requested information on payroll including adjustment pay, withholding, time sheets, and employee records. Provide auditors with requested information on quarterly tax reports.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel for using spreadsheets on payroll reports, utility and cell phone invoices, or any other areas of Purchasing and Payroll; and knowledge of Microsoft Word for communications.
Education and/or Experience
- BS degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Suggested State of Tennessee Certified Municipal Clerk and Recorder Certification and Certified Municipal Finance Officer (CMFO) Certificate, but not required.
- Ability to use word processing software, spreadsheet software, and common database applications.