SHR Talent is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Manager on behalf of a healthcare client in Franklin. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity working onsite in the Franklin office. The AP Manager is responsible for the overall leadership of the Accounts Payable function to ensure the team is appropriately structured and trained, processes are executed timely and consistently, internal controls are adhered to and are adequate, and processes are developed/enhanced that leverage automation and technology. Experience with lease payments & working with landlords as well as implementing AP automation systems is a plus.
- Responsible for full cycle Accounts Payable function (invoice intake, approvals, payments, documentation) to ensure timely and accurate payments to our vendors and employees.
- Ensure team is staffed and trained with a high degree of customer service for internal and external customers.
- Identify opportunities and implement improvements in the areas of accounts payable, vendor management, travel management and expense reporting.
- Implement and maintain industry “best practices” that leverage technology and automation to achieve company objectives (standardize workflow, purchase orders, invoice imaging, EDI, invoice coding, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the internal controls related to Accounts Payable.
- Develop, implement and maintain procedures and policies for the accounts payable function to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Close the Accounts Payable module in the company’s accounting software on a monthly and annual basis according to established timelines.
- Responsible for providing relevant audit support schedules and sample documentation and interim and year-end control testing for internal/external auditors.
- Responsible for oversight of the Concur employee expense report system, timely processing of credit card and travel expenses, training for card holders, new employees, and expense report approvers.
- Ensure all new vendor paperwork is complete and all new vendors and/or updates to any existing vendor are entered into accounting system by authorized team member.
- Responsible for all 1099 reporting and compliance.
- Maintain relationships with 3rd party service/support partners such as Concur, LBMC/Intacct, AP automation software, 1099 reporting, etc.
- Maintain relationships and provide superior customer service to vendors, employees, landlords, supervision physicians, contractors, and consultants by ensuring that payments are accurate, and issues are resolved promptly and professionally.
- Provide assistance to the internal accounting team in analyzing monthly expenses and accruals.
- Monitors performance of direct reports including Accounts Payable Supervisor.
- Assist in implementing new systems and upgrade existing systems by planning, coordinating and overseeing testing efforts of team, processes, procedures, controls and tools to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in transactional processing
- Responsible for learning the aspects of compliance in the company by completing all mandatory compliance training.
- Interviews candidates for positions that report to the Accounts Payable Manager as necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing training for positions that report to the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Responsible for overseeing performance and any related counseling of positions that report to the Accounts Payable Manager, up to and including recommendation for termination of employment.
- Responsible for employees adhering to Standards of Operation, Core Values, and all other company policies.
- Responsible for overseeing annual review process for positions that report to the Accounts Payable Manager.
- The ability to provide training to positions that report to the Accounts Payable Manager on Company Standards of operations.
- The ability to perform the physical, use of senses, cognitive, and environmental functions of the position, as specified on the physical demands.
- The ability to build and maintain confidence and credibility with all clients and employees.
- The ability to maintain friendly, cordial relations with all clients and employees; maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that results in a positive work relationship with customers, co-workers and managers.
- Ability to comply with Company Standards of Operations.
- Ability to adhere to the Core Values of the Company, of teamwork, communication, empowerment, quality of care, and friendliness.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Minimum 10 years of accounts payable experience
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls relevant to the A/P process.