SHR Talent is currently representing a well-established supply chain in its search for a full-time Accounting Assistant to join the team in Mt. Pleasant, TN!
Objective of Accounting Assistant Role:
- Purchasing Batches
- Accounts Payable
- Assist in Month-End Closing Process
- Annual Financial Audit
- Operational Support and Reports
- Audit, post and schedule purchasing Batches for payment.
- Data entry for non po Accounts Payable and check processing. Send out remittance advices to vendors for ACH payments. Match Invoices in EASI for Metal Purchases and responsible for any Metal Supplier issues and or questions.
- Process Weekly A/P Payments
- Matching, mailing and imaging HMR A/P Checks from outside Accounting. Process Manual HMR checks as needed. Maintain Cash sheet for HMR.
- Process Accounts payable month End reports and balance. Send Freight reports to shipping and receiving.
- Train/become back up for A/R
- Train/become back up for Cash posting
- Provide auditors with information for annual financial audits
- Prepare daily/weekly Ops Reports
Expectations – Behavior & Skills:
- Bachelors of Accountancy
- Leadership skills
- Basic Computer skills –Word, Outlook, Publisher, etc.
- Proficiency – Excel : Pivot Tables; V-Lookups
- Promotes Lean and Team concepts within all areas of SSC
- Knowledge of accounts receivable, and accounts payable functions
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- People skills
- Exhibits Leading customer service
- Practices team-based organizational model
- Actively strengthens company community
- Demonstrates company values:
- Makes it better
- Makes it fun
- Does the right thing
- Accurate and timely reports
- Accurate HMR Daily Cash Position
- Scoreboard Items
- Process Day one Month end J/E’s when needed