SHR Talent is currently representing a subsidiary of one of the nation’s leading healthcare companies in its search for an Accountant I in Nashville, TN. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. The Accountant I is responsible for preparing and analyzing various operations and financial reports working under the direction of the Construction Accountant that supports all construction accounting at various stages of development. In addition, this position will be responsible for several Corporate COIDs direct fixed asset accounting. This position must maintain strong and effective working relationships with all department and field customers. Outstanding customer services skills, in addition to strong written and oral communication skills are vital contributors to successful performance in this position.
- Responsible for preparing month-end close accounting activities for all active and completed Corporate-sponsored construction projects.
- Contributes to the monthly closing process including independent preparation of various journal entries, intercompany allocations, and performance of account reconciliations.
- Prepares and analyzes data from multiple sources and compiles into meaningful reports, identifying trends and creating support for all active construction projects.
- Contributes to the development, testing and implementation of financial data collection and measurement tools, by combining data that effectively drives the company’s FAS implementation strategies while identifying and creating automation opportunities to increase reporting efficiencies.
- Respond to enterprise-wide customer requests, research unusual and significant activity, perform system queries, and produce standard and custom reports.
- Provide users with training in connection with use of the CIP Downloader and FAS systems, in addition to various other accounting tools available to the customer users.
- Operate within two GL systems, providing GL support for all field ledgers.
- Work closely with the IT&S construction project team and coordinate consistent policies and communications for distribution to the field, as needed.
- 1+ years
- BS Degree preferred; College Graduate Required
- NOT looking for Bookkeeping or Accounts Payable experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (especially Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Ability to navigate the company’s financial and analytical reporting systems is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven customer service skill and energetic/positive attitude
- Highly organized with superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Skill in examining documents, reports and stats for accuracy and interpreting the accuracy.