Essential Job Functions
• Troubleshoot, refactor, and perform routine maintenance on existing websites.
• Work with inside and outside stakeholders to implement new features and websites.
• Follow secure development practices.
• Implement code that optimizes for flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance, and availability.
• Utilize design and UX best practices to optimize front-end usability.
• Coordinate activities with systems staff to ensure capacity, package support, and other requirements are met.
• Document changes, stage and release code for review and production.
• Write and perform unit and other tests to ensure quality of code.
• Create innovative and creative solutions to complex challenges.
• Maintain clean code repository.
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• 1+ years’ experience in related field (internships count as experience).
• Familiarity with Unix-like operating systems and cloud architecture.
• Familiarity with PHP 7.4
• Basic knowledge of software engineering life cycle process, including design, development, build/release, testing, Git source control, ticketing (Jira), and QA.
• Basic knowledge of Internet Application architectures and protocols (HTTP, etc.).
• Knowledge of Laravel, WordPress, and Drupal a plus.
• Knowledge of AWS (EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda) a plus.