SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Staff Accountant on behalf of a growing healthcare company in Nashville, TN! This is an entry-level accounting position. Duties include oversight of daily accounting activity, monthly financial reporting, cash management, bank reconciliations, budget analysis, and workpaper presentation. This position may also provide the opportunity to participate in various special projects and financial analyses.
Essential Job Functions
• Primary resource for center personnel regarding financial issues
• Cash management and maintenance of proprietary cash management system for depository bank account
• Manage inflow and outflow of cash for assigned surgery centers including facilitating the movement of funds to appropriate bank accounts.
• Financial Statement Preparation
• Analyze end of month financial package received from centers and create appropriate general ledger entries
• Asset Management
• Mid-month cash analysis to distribute available cash to partners monthly
• Reconcile all bank accounts for assigned centers from the bank statements to the general ledger Monthly analysis of recorded accounts receivable balances and reconciles if need
• Payroll and Benefits Activity
• Legal agreement interpretation
• Special projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university is required.
• Public accounting or industry experience is a plus but not required.
• Healthcare experience is also a plus, but not required.
• Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
• Must be able to work well with others.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be detail-oriented and organized.
• High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment.
• Based on business needs, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.