SHR Talent is partnering with a client in Nashville in its search for a full-time Service Desk Analyst. This position provides front-line customer support for hardware and software issues. This opportunity will consist of a hybrid schedule in the future of remote & in office work.
Essential Job Functions
• Provides front-line customer support for hardware and software issues
• Prioritizes tasks and log issues into Service Desk issue tracking software
• Installs new equipment and supports and troubleshoots PCs, printers, copiers, fax machines, telephones and scanners for employees
• Installs upgrades to existing equipment as needed
• Supports Service desk environment fielding systems questions
• Supports application, connectivity and security issues with the internet portal applications
• Regular and reliable attendance
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Sr. Director, Service Desk
• A+, MCP, N+ or similar industry certification desired, but not required
• ITIL Foundations certification desired, but not required
• Advanced knowledge of Windows operating systems including XP, 7, 8.1 & 10
• Excellent PC skills including knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and SharePoint technologies and other common desktop applications
• Experience with various peripheral equipment including printers, scanners and copiers preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand, read, write and speak English.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Ability to successfully write business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
• Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors.
• Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
• Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner.
• Must be able to work well with others.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information.
• Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
• Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
• Associates degree from an accredited college or university in a technical discipline is required, equivalent relevant experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
• A minimum of 2 years help desk experience required.