SHR Talent is partnering with a manufacturing client in Nashville, TN in its search for a Senior Python Engineer. The Senior Python Engineer role is fully remote and offers exceptional pay, benefits, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and 401k match. As the Senior Python Engineer, you should be comfortable participating in architectural conversations and possess the ability to exercise heuristic and evidence-driven processes using situationally appropriate toolsets for determining root cause of system flaws and embrace incremental deliverability at a reasoned measure of speed and quality.
An ideal candidate for the Senior Python Engineer role is someone who deeply cares about successful business outcomes, collaborates, and seeks to elevate and celebrate the success of their peers, is a self-starter with strong communication skills, and is able to work independently as well as part of a team. To be successful in this role, the Senior Python Engineer should be someone who excels at working on multiple tasks and projects, prioritizing, and organizing to maximize productivity, works to define and refine system and process improvements based on a cultivated understanding of business workflows and existing technological infrastructure, is comfortable dealing with ambiguity, has an eagerness to tackle problems outside core competencies, and is willing to learn new technologies.
• Provide development, quality assurance, and operational support for company’s website, supporting technology platforms, and system architecture
• Analyze and define system requirements, breaking down complex problems, and delivering functional, mature, and well-tested code
• Implement software industry best practices and mature technology solutions
• Remediate production downtime issues, employing root cause analysis
• Understand and practice design principles and modern patterns of object-oriented code reusability and abstraction
• Provide thought leadership on application development, mentor junior developers, and engage in peer code reviews
• Document workflows, architecture, and code, and develop runbooks for operations belonging to technical domain
• Participate in code deployments
• 5 years’ experience with software development
• Experience with Python 3.x, Django Web Framework, VueJS, PostgreSQL, Git, highly preferred
• Experience with jQuery, Redis, Celery, RabbitMQ, AWS, Terraform (IaC)
• Minimum 3 -4 years’ microservices experience