SHR Talent is partnering with a client in its search for a full-time Senior Mechanical Engineer. The individual in this role will play a key leadership role within the central Engineering Team & will be a critical part of reinforcing and establishing standards and consistency in the product. The successful candidate should have previous hands on experience designing and building machine equipment, a proven record of delivering required designs within project timelines, and demonstrated record of delivering complete designs within budgeted costs.
Essential Job Functions
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or advanced engineering degree.
• 8+ years of industry experience with a minimum of 3 years hands on experience working on conveyors/material handling equipment
• Systems integration experience, interface between disciplines (mechanical, machining/fab, electrical, controls, robotics)
• Minimum of 5 years 3D CAD modeling experience, out of which at least 4000 hours on SolidWorks software.
• Ability to drive New Product Development (NPD) process through gate reviews and build alpha prototypes
• Drive prototype development through Testing process by creating DVP&R (Design Verification Process & Report)
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem solving situations
• Strong multitasking ability to handle multiple time-sensitive demands.
• Ability to work with internal and external customers.
• Willing to travel. (Up to 10%)
• Develop technical specifications framework based
• Lead and mentor fellow members of the staff
• Define, establish and maintain technical standards, specifications and methodologies
• Review and approve technical design phases of a project in cross-functional design reviews
• Create indented Bill of Material (BOM) and release drawings packet for fabrication
• Oversee alpha prototype build and conduct gate reviews to finalize mass production ready design
• Contribute to creation of operator and service manuals and creation of spares kit
• Utilize ingenuity and inventive thinking to evaluate options for design, deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment.
• Remain current on new developments in the area of mechanical engineering.
• Participate in project design reviews with consistency across the portfolio as well as compliance to established standards, specifications and performance targets.