SHR Talent is partnering with a client in Nashville in its search for a full-time Publicity Director to lead the company’s divisional publicity team. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for great content, stellar written and verbal communication skills, and will enjoy working in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
Essential Job Functions
• Sets PR strategy and protocols for the team
• Works with the marketing team, acquisition editors, authors and agents to develop and execute publicity campaigns with some travel to support book-related events/media tours.
• Actively develops and maintains media contacts, including national, regional, local, and online to secure book coverage.
• Manages overall publicity budget and works with marketing counterparts and VP of Marketing to determine priority PR projects.
• Works with the marketing team to create integrated promotional and publicity plans and communicates plan clearly in writing to authors and agents.
• Manages author relations and expectations regarding publicity/media outlet hits.
• Manages outside public relations firms and coordinates the activities of other personnel involved in each project.
• Oversees all facets involved with creating press materials and monitors breaking news for timely hooks relevant to the product.
• Schedules author tours with both traditional bookstore appearances and off-site events involving third party partners.
• Tracks media activities and clippings for updates to the sales team, authors, agents, and internal personnel.
• Coordinates media training as needed for any divisional author in need.
• Participates in effective sales conference presentations and key account sessions when needed.
• Works with other publicists to coordinate group activities such as media trips, media holiday gifts, media catalog mailings, publicity staff retreats, etc.
• Fosters a healthy environment of internal departments, external partners and vendors working together.
• Directs public relations activities at industry trade shows (e.g., ICRS Conventions, BEA), based on the agreed upon trade show communications strategy.
• Measures, analyzes, and reports on media coverage as appropriate.
• Travels as necessary.