SHR Talent is partnering with a client in Nashville in its search for a full-time Professional Development Manager to manage associate staffing, training, and feedback collection. The individual in this role will work to implement programs that meet both firm-level and practice group needs. This is a full-time role working onsite in the Nashville office.
Essential Job Functions
• Manage and enhance the matter assignment system.
• Support feedback and individual development initiatives.
• Participate in and develop training initiatives.
• Support the Director of Professional Development and Retention in facilitating the Associates’ Committee.
• Work with the Director of Professional Development and Retention on firm-wide initiatives designed to enhance associate development and retention.
• Facilitate and foster effective communication within the practice groups and administrative teams.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school, preferred.
• 3-5 years of professional development experience required.
• Understanding of attorney professional development and the nuances of developing and retaining lawyers
• Ability to work both independently and to be proactive.
• Highly organized and able to respond to multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain the strict confidentiality of internal and personnel affairs and information.
• Must have strong client-service orientation, diplomacy, and the ability to work productively with variety of groups.
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of individuals
• Professional presence and demeanor to represent the company