SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Network Engineer on behalf of a client in Nashville. This opportunity consists of a hybrid schedule of in office & remote work. The individual in this role will be responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of computer networks that companies and organizations rely on.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
• Coordinating computer network access and use.
• Designing, configuring, and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
• Minimum of Associates degree in computer related field or equivalent experience
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
• Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
• A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dependable and flexible when necessary.