SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Network Engineer on behalf of a client in Nashville. This company offers 4 weeks of PTO from the start! This role is open to a Junior or Senior level candidate & compensation is dependent on experience.
Essential Job Functions
• Design and implement network solutions while improving the efficiency of current networks and maximizing performance through monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Install, configure, and support network equipment, AV equipment, switches & controls, login information, etc.
• Handles analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware, software, and all system-level requirements for the development of integrated IT solutions; document concept and requirements analyses for system refreshment and upgrades.
• Review change and enhancement requests for the determination of feasibility, system impact, cost, and time estimates for implementation requires.
• Maintain a comprehensive System of Services schedule
• Update network equipment with latest firmware releases; arrange scheduled upgrades.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university
• 3-5 years experience in network administration and engineering with a strong understanding of core networking concepts, network monitoring, troubleshooting, and meeting project deadlines.
• Hands-on experience in configuring firewalls, routing, & switching to maximize network efficiency
• Experience in Cloud and off-premise security best practices along with integrating security controls to cloud environments including secure SD-WAN architecture design and operations; experience with • Microsoft/Azure is a bonus.
• Familiarity/experience with SharePoint/OnePoint is preferred
• Working familiarity with database backup & recovery
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Solid reasoning, analytical, & problem-solving skills