SHR Talent is partnering with a client in Ft. Wayne, IN in its search for a Network Engineer. As the Network Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the day-to-day operation of computer networks that companies and organizations rely on. These networks typically include an intranet, extranet, local area network (LAN), and wide area network (WAN). As the Network Engineer you must be able and willing to travel and have a valid driver’s license.
To be successful in this role, the Network Engineer should be someone who has a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware, the ability to think through problems and visualize solutions, the ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless, the ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources, and possess good analytical and problem-solving skills. An ideal candidate for the Network Engineer role is someone who can work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT, as well as outside the organization, is a self-starter and able to work independently, but is comfortable working in a team environment, and is dependable and flexible when necessary.
• Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments
• Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups when required
• Protect data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware, software, and other network and system problems
• Replace faulty network hardware components when required
• Maintain, configure, and monitor virus protection software and email applications
• Monitor network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made
• Confer with network users about solving existing system problems
• Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems
• Coordinate computer network access and use
• Design, configure, and test networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software
• Minimum of Associates degree in computer related field or equivalent experience
• Must be able to travel, valid driver’s license, required