SHR Talent is representing a well-established healthcare company in its search for a full-time Manager of Mergers and Acquisitions to join the downtown Nashville, TN corporate office. The individual in this role will be assisting the Business Development team in performing financial and operational analysis of new business opportunities including acquisitions, internal expansion, joint ventures and start-up opportunities. This position will provide strategic support to senior management including preparing financial presentations, forecasts and other projects requested by senior management. This position provides analysis and insights to optimize business decision-making.
Essential Job Functions
• Supervise a team of analysts and analyze proforma and historical financial statements and valuation model building, including presentations to senior management.
• Create concise discussion packages to be presented to target management during the onsite diligence.
• Draft tailored reports outlining key transaction insights based on the diligence analyses.
• Creation and maintenance of key spreadsheets used in the preparation of projected financial statements.
• Review target acquisition’s contracts and all other material agreements for business terms, as well as develop a strategy to maximize profitability and growth of acquisition target.
• Participation in the overall analysis of proposed projects from financial and operational perspectives.
• Gather and verify information through correspondence and telephone calls with key individuals in proposed transactions.
• Support Director of Mergers and Acquisitions in preparation of financial offers based upon financial models.
• Support contract negotiations and closings by assisting in the preparation of documents related to proposed transactions, including general correspondence, Term Sheets, Due Diligence Information • Request Memoranda, Purchase Agreements, and Employment Agreements.
• Assist in the due diligence process and perform financial and operational analysis for acquisitions.
• Support all functions (i.e. finance, legal, managed care, tax, risk management, and operations) to review due diligence materials and examine “deal breakers”, issues and resolutions, and integration challenges.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA or MBA preferred
• Five (5) plus years prior financial analysis experience in a multi-site environment.
• Experience in buy-side or sell-side pre-acquisition financial diligence, preferably related to healthcare transactions.
• Experience in financial modeling and mergers and acquisitions for multi-site organizations with businesses in many geographies.
• Accounting/GAAP knowledge required.
• Prior healthcare audit and or investment banking preferred.
• Experience leading a small team of analysts is desirable.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, taxes, and managerial principles.
• Highly developed communications and supervisory skills are essential.
• Ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel is a must. Power Point, Access and ERP experience (i.e. NetSuite, QuickBooks, etc.) skills are desirable.
• Ability to travel nationwide up to 20% of the time as needed.