SHR Talent is representing a well-established healthcare company in its search for a full-time Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst to assist the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and Business Development teams at its headquarters in Downtown Nashville. Applicants must be able to work onsite in the Nashville office. This opportunity involves a hybrid schedule of working remotely & in the office.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepare and analyze proforma and historical financial statements and valuation model building, including presentations to senior management.
• Create concise discussion packages to be presented to target management during the onsite diligence.
• Draft tailored reports outlining key transaction insights based on the diligence analyses.
• Creation and maintenance of key spreadsheets used in the preparation of projected financial statements.
• Review target acquisition’s contracts and all other material agreements for business terms, as well as develop a strategy to maximize profitability and growth of acquisition target.
• Participation in the overall analysis of proposed projects from financial and operational perspectives.
• Gather and verify information through correspondence and telephone calls with key individuals in proposed transactions.
• Assist in the due diligence process and perform financial and operational analysis for acquisitions.
• Support all functions (i.e. finance, legal, managed care, tax, risk management, and operations) to review due diligence materials and examine “deal breakers”, issues and resolutions, and integration challenges.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA preferred and/or MBA preferred.
• Two (2) plus years of prior financial analysis experience in a multi-site environment.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel is a must.
• Experience in buy-side or sell-side pre-acquisition financial diligence preferred.
• Experience in financial modeling and mergers and acquisitions for multi-site organizations preferred.
• Accounting/GAAP knowledge required.
• Prior healthcare audit and or investment banking preferred.
• Ability to complete projects timely and accurately.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• PowerPoint, Access and ERP experience (i.e. Netsuite, Quickbooks, etc.) skills are desirable.