SHR is currently seeking a full-time Financial Analyst on behalf of a well-established client in Nashville. This is a junior-level role open to candidates with two years of experience. The individual in this role will have previous experience working in Big 4. Primary responsibilities include annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation, developing and delivering value-added financial analysis (including trending, sensitivity, modeling, and variance), provide weekly and monthly financial reports, support the development of business strategy, and provide robust business partnership to the company leaders and teams. The Financial Analyst will join a Senior Financial Analyst on the FP&A team.
Essential Job Functions
• Prepare monthly reporting package for management and the Board of Directors and provide timely and insightful financial analysis to measure progress against budget and forecast including revenue, gross margin, operating margin, EBITDA margin, and add-backs. Analyze period gaps to plan, research and explain variances, and evaluate opportunities for savings.
• Produce and provide monthly insight into the key metrics and dashboards that will be used to make critical business decisions and measure effectiveness and contribution.
• Wholesale Channel Sales: Work collaboratively across all regions and brands to develop a detailed understanding and provide insightful analytics and actionable suggestions in a proactive manner by spotting trends and questioning data. Identify risks and areas for improvement.
• Direct-to-Consumer / Ecommerce Channel: Work collaboratively with the DTC / Ecommerce team, prepare a detailed analysis of the following including determination of trends, areas of improvement, opportunities for standardization/rationalization
• Review & challenge the annual, quarterly, and monthly forecasting processes for sales, production & operating expenses
• Communicate planning calendars and implement procedures that ensure timely data submissions
• Work closely with other finance and operational personnel on the development, maintenance, and improvement of forecasting tools
• Participate in strategic/long-term planning processes and offer value-added input based on a thorough understanding of the business; this will include being a part of the deal team for any capital markets and other corporate development activities
• Capital Expenditures: Help track and maintain projects with initiative owners and the accounting team
• Liaise with external investors including shareholder communication (events that would trigger an 8-K for a publicly traded company), quarterly financial statements, shareholder calls, and related follow-up
• Strong base knowledge of accounting, finance, production, and operations principles
• Proven track record of creating robust analyses that translate into business decisions
• Experience in the consumer products industry and in manufacturing are preferred
• Must have solid budgeting/forecasting/reporting background and experience with managing multiple entities or other financial modeling experience
• Proven ability to work with all levels of management and foster relationships with financial and operational personnel
• Must be able to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a fast-paced, very high-growth environment
• Possesses the structure and process experience of a multinational background but with an entrepreneurial flair and drive
• Understands and has proven experience of how to support the growth of brands through consistency and disciplined execution
• BA/BS degree or equivalent Finance/Accounting/Business; CPA/MAcc/MSF/MBA a plus
• 2-4 years of experience in financial analysis/controlling, or similar environment with at least 2 years of experience in financial and/or management consulting, investment banking or similar
• Expert proficiency in Excel.
• Experience with PowerBI tools and Microsoft D365 a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to translate complex data into meaningful analysis for non-technical audiences
• Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
• Strong teamwork and project management skills combined with the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team