SHR Talent is currently partnering with a well-established manufacturing company in Frisco, TX in its search for a full-time Embedded Software Engineer Technical Lead to lead the design, development, testing, debugging, and implementation of embedded software programs. This opportunity is fully onsite in the Frisco, TX office. The individual in this role will collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering disciplines; lead day to day actives of fellow coworkers; develop standard work protocols, procedures, and best practices; and optimize the usability, robustness, and features of software platforms.
Essential Job Functions
• Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment based upon agreed features and architecture of software system
• Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
• Conduct code reviews to ensure standards are maintained.
• Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Integrate and validate new product designs
• Support software QA and optimize I/O performance
• Provide postproduction support
• Interface with hardware design and development
• Responsible for training the team members and encouraging them to increase their knowledge and troubleshooting abilities.
• Client facing when required
• Develop standards, work procedures and best practices
• Maintain proper developer level documentation for easy reference and onboarding
• Proven working experience in software engineering
• Successful candidate must have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience with embedded software in industrial systems
• BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded systems
• Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
• Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
• Strong documentation and writing skills
• Solid programming experience in:
o SQL Skills (Oracle or SQL Server): designing tables/schemas, stored procedures, user-defined functions, ETL jobs.
o C# or Java
o Windows App
o Windows Services
o Source Control Tool, preferably Team Foundation Server, but also would consider experience with Git or Subversion
• Ability to walk, stand and squat to examine and troubleshoot equipment
• Ability to change priorities
• Willing to travel (10-20% depending on project)