SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Electrical Engineering Lead on behalf of a well-established client in Frisco, TX. This is a fully onsite position working in the Frisco office. The individual in this role must have management &/or team lead experience, as the Electrical Engineering Team Lead will design solutions and lead a team of 3+ electrical engineers.
Essential Job Functions
• Electrical Engineer (80%): Design solutions, create assembly drawings and Bills of Materials, etc.
• Team Lead (20%): Approve team electrical designs, assembly drawings, Bills of material, etc. and verify/enforce compliance (UL508A, CE, NEC, NFPA 79, CSA, etc.) of panels and designs.
• Report on project status on a regular basis.
• Minimize schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively. Leverage experience to recommend design standards.
• Build communication, collaboration, and professional development of the entire electrical engineering team.
• Work with team members to layout and plan their education and development needs.
• Maintain a positive, engaging, and productive environment.
• Collaborate on the business direction for the team and drive the technical solutions to evolve our system designs.
• Commitment to company values.
• Implement processes and metrics to ensure focus and efficiency.
• Electrical Design: Extensive knowledge of electrical engineering design principles and practices.
• Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Task Planning: Demonstrated ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-6 month time span.
• Priority Management: Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Problem Solving: Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• Communication: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both internal and external to the company).
• Autonomy: Ability to make independent decisions and take calculated risks.
• Safety-Oriented: Extensive knowledge of best safety practices for handling various voltages/currents.
• Code Compliance: Extensive knowledge of electrical codes/standards (such as UL508A, NEC, NFPA 79).
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline.
• 2+ years of experience leading electrical design teams or equivalent.
• 4+ years of direct hands-on experience designing electrical solutions.
• 4+ years of AutoCAD Electrical experience.
• Experience in both small and large company environments
• Experience reporting and communicating project progress to senior management and senior-level customers in an effective way.
• Knowledge of current trends in design solutions and best practices.
• Experience working with external partners and contractors.