SHR Talent is currently seeking a full-time Desktop Support Technician on behalf of a client in Nashville. This opportunity consists of a hybrid schedule of in office & remote work. The individual in this role will support and maintain computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. The Desktop Support Technician will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person or over the phone) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
Essential Job Functions
• Implementation of new computer projects and hardware installations.
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, software, and other products to deliver required desktop support.
• High School diploma or equivalent, and/or IT focused education or related work experience.
• Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
• Excellent knowledge of PC internal components.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Extensive equipment support experience.
• Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and guides.
• Strong customer service orientation