SHR Talent is partnering with an insurance client in Columbia, TN in its search for Customer Service/Sales Representatives. The Customer Service/Sales Representative roles are contract-to-hire, offering a hybrid work schedule with exceptional benefits, and may require overtime if needed during busy season. The Customer Service/Sales Representatives are responsible for making outbound calls and meeting telephonically with customers to assist them in selecting a health coverage plan. As the Customer Service/Sales Representative, you will assist with educating and explaining health coverage that best suits the member’s needs, assist with the application process, and may assist with enrolling members as needed. The Customer Service/Sales Representatives may also provide support to existing subscribers for renewals during the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). As a Customer Service /Sales Representative, you must pass the State Health License Exam, complete Continuing Education requirements, and annually complete Certification for Medicare Advantage and Part D through America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) and other certification entities.
Successful candidates for the Customer Service/Sales Representative position should possess accountability skills by demonstrating a consistent level of performance while striving to maintain a steady level of productivity, the ability to meet deadlines in daily responsibilities, and the ability to work independently, adapt quickly, and think critically. The Customer Service/Sales Representatives should also possess leadership skills by demonstrating the ability to express self in all areas of communication, conveying ideas, concepts, and facts in a logical understandable and concise manner, be able to establish productive friendly and professional relationships with peers and others, have strong organizational and time management skills, and knowledge of Medicare regulations.
• Understand and follow the Scope of Appointment (SOA) guidelines and processes
• Articulate and communicate well over the phone
• Assist customers in enrolling in the Medicare product best suited to their particular needs and implementing the guidelines that go along with this process
• Understand and learn the functions of programs such as Salesforce, Outlook, FileNet, CSP, Company websites, Membership websites, Facets, Confluence, Cisco, and WebEx
• Learn the basics of how each department within the organization works
• Meet remote requirements including a closed-door office space that has a quiet working environment
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year Call Center Customer experience, preferred but not required
• Knowledge of Medicare regulations
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel