SHR Talent is partnering with a client in Paducah, KY in its search for a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager role requires travel up to 50% of the time and offers a hybrid work schedule, but candidates need to be located in the Nashville, TN area or outside of Paducah, KY.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing and cultivating customer and industry relationships that generate business opportunities, enhancing the consistency of the company’s presence at industry events. The Business Development Manager will work closely with internal sales, logistics, operations, and executives to prioritize areas of the pipeline, foster relationship development, ensure activities aren’t conflicting with existing customer partnerships, and ensure the operational elements are evaluated appropriately to analyze pricing and ensure that the company has the right team in front of the customer to secure the business. While the Business Development Manager will need to be a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, this role requires a strong team player who will develop internal relationships and foster communication that enables the company to successfully take opportunities from potential leads to booked business.
An ideal candidate for the Business Development Manager role is someone who has excellent relationship-building skills, is outgoing, has excellent interpersonal skills, highly-developed communications skills, and embraces working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. To be successful in the role as the Business Development Manager, you should have experience with cold-calling new accounts, demonstrated success working as part of a team, an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to self-motivate, and be comfortable working without significant day-to-day direction.
• Work closely with each division’s Executives, Sales, and Logistics teams to target priority areas for new business development
• Develop an understanding of the organization’s capabilities and value proposition, demonstrating the ability to effectively articulate elements to potential new customers
• Analyze market data opportunities and competitive information to build and execute a business development plan
• Research, identify, and prospect new business leads and partnership opportunities
• Develop opportunity pipeline’s in each of the organization’s operating segments
• Develop a network of industry relationships by participating in industry events and conferences
• Leverage industry and customer relationships to source market and competitive insights for the Executive team
• Develop and maintain close relationships with the organizations Sales, Logistics, and Operations teams, ensuring a seamless transition of new customers and partners
• Other duties as assigned
• High School or GED
• 2+ years experience in Business Development role
• Experience in the marine and shipper industry preferred, but not required
• Proven track record of prospecting and developing a sales pipeline, and cultivating new business opportunities
• Demonstrated ability to close new business
• Experience within a transportation market, preferred
• Experience selling an operationally intensive product or service, preferred