SHR Talent is currently partnering with a client in its search for a full-time AP Supervisor. The individual in this role will work onsite in the Nashville office & will oversee the day-to-day operations of the accounts payable process. The successful candidate in this role will have experience leading a team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a company with a fun culture & good work/life balance.
Essential Job Functions
• Oversee invoice entry and payment process to ensure proper coding and timeliness.
• Lead the setup of new vendors.
• Develop and nurture vendor relationships.
• Review aging reports and payment requests.
• Research and take steps to resolve problem invoices, suggesting new process changes if necessary.
• Assist in timely and accurate month-end closing of Accounts Payable, including reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts.
• Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
• Other projects as assigned by leadership.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and an accounting software are a must.
• Minimum of 2-4 years in accounting or accounts payable.
• Must have previous experience leading a team
• Understanding of accounts payable and transactional principles.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Desire to be the best you can at your job, and to help others achieve their potential as well.