SHR Talent is partnering with a client in Nashville in its search for a full-time Administrative Assistant to join the Administrative Team. The individual in this role will be the utmost professional & polished in demeanor, have a positive & upbeat attitude, & possess excellent communication skill (written & verbal). The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the professional staff by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional services to clients, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace. The successful candidate will have a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office Suite & have prior experience in a similar role.
Essential Job Functions
• Assembly and e-filing of various tax returns, including scheduling client pickup/delivery and signing of tax returns.
• Handling office tasks, such as filing, scanning, generating reports, setting up for meetings, reordering supplies, petty cash reconciliation, and walk-in traffic such as vendors and building maintenance.
• Greet and assist visitors in a timely, professional, and friendly manner.
• Answering phones (multi-line phone system) and routing calls to the correct person.
• Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
• Logging receipt of client information and routing to correct person.
• Filing and retrieving client records, documents, and reports.
• Opening, sorting and distributing incoming faxes, emails, and other correspondence.
• Handling incoming and outgoing mail, FedEx, UPS, and other special shipments. Daily post office runs – morning and evening. Mail machine maintenance.
• Maintain client databases and mailing lists.
• Provide general administrative support.
• Prior administrative experience in a similar setting.
• Microsoft Office experience.
• Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
• Ability to problem-solve on the fly.
• Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others
• Professional level verbal and written communications skills.