La Vergne, TN, TN
Our manufacturing client in La Vergne, TN is looking to add a Tier 2 Quality Technician to their growing team! This is a direct hire opportunity. Experience in a Manufacturing Environment is preferred, but not required.
If you meet the below qualifications and are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can begin the interview process immediately. We look forward to reviewing your applications!
- 3 Years QA Lab Experience (MRC, Phys Test, Analytical)
- 3 Years Lab Experience (Product Evaluation)
- 3 Years Classifier/X-ray Experience OR 3 Years Related Factory Experience
- Associate: Technical with 2 year’s experience as a Quality Tech I
Job Duties & Description:
MRC/Physical Test/Analytical Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assuring that all compounds utilized in production meet industry standards and specifications.
- MRC and PT Labs are the major control points for compound identity and integrity. The function of this job is to prevent non-conforming products from entering into or proceeding in the process.
- Act as a lead technician: directing work flow, setting priorities and assisting management in safety investigations, non-conformance investigations and perform roles outside of their normal scope of work when required and directed.
- Collects, organizes, prepares, and tests compounds and materials for conformance to specification and for adherence to company quality standards.
- Uses sophisticated technical test equipment including automated Rheometers, specific gravity testers, Mooney viscometers, Brookfield viscometers, Instron Tensile testers, High Speed Blowpoint Testers, Carbon Black Dispersion Analyzers, Toyoseiki Gravity Tester
- Analyzes results and determines release status.
- Contacts production and initiates hold activity for non-conforming materials
- Accurately records and maintains records of all testing and analysis data
- Edits all inputs to insure accuracy and integrity before releasing data into computerized information system
- Performs testing with standard stock on lab equipment to assure accuracy before testing.
- Notifies plant Maintenance, Lab supervisors or Sr. QA Lab Technicians of out of calibration equipment.
- The incumbent monitors, evaluates, classifies and reports quality and abnormal conditions by operating test products, radiographic (x-ray) equipment, by performing both destructive and non-destructive testing operations in order to assure a dependable product which meets standards
- Act as a lead technician within the Product Evaluation Lab: directing work flow, setting priorities and assisting management in safety investigations, non-conformance investigations and perform roles outside of their normal scope of work when required and directed.
- Tests and analyzes product for conformance to specification and for adherence to Federal and Company quality standards
- Analyze and assigns performance grade to all tests
- Uses accepted problem-solving techniques to investigate and assign probable cause of test failures, trends and/or performance shifts
- Coordinates with other technical and factory personnel concerning special projects and studies to improve customer satisfaction or quality and to reduce costs
- Plans analysis and testing schedules to assure that all objectives and commitments are met
- Details suggestions for improving testing and analysis methods and for improving product quality, safety and reducing costs
This position must be able to analyze abnormality trends and make recommendations or countermeasures to resolve the abnormality problems. Resolutions to problems are not clearly defined, therefore, must rely on experience level and knowledge to make recommendations.